Wednesday, December 5, 2007

First Times

It appears as though you have stumbled upon my blog. Thank you! I was hoping you'd do just that. I'm Savannah. Let me explain. Wait, that would take too long. Let me sum up. I'm a Southern college student, studying English and aspiring to write a cookbook. Until I finish college, attend culinary school, find an editor, publisher, backers, etc., I'm planning on keeping up with this blog to chronicle my culinary adventures. Or misadventures, as the case may be. It makes sense to me- I seem to have a knack for writing and a knack for cooking a flawless, fancy schmancy meal but still managing to burn the bread. Thus, the Absentminded Chef is born! I suppose there are worse things of the absentminded nature to be. The Absentminded Pyromaniac, for example.

So here we are! Where to go from here? That depends on any number of things- mainly whether or not I interest you enough to add me to your favorites and visit me on the regular. So far, you've only commited to reading a paragraph and a fourth. Let me tell you a little more and we'll see if our fledgling relationship will blossom or combust. It's up to you, really.

My cooking style is somewhere in between European bistro type food and classic Southern comfort food. My grandmother and mother have distinctly different cooking styles- grandmother being the latter and mother being the former. I've blended their cooking styles, and thus find myself making fried chicken and collard greens one night and spinach roulades and homemade pesto the next. Voila! The perfect recipe- approachable gourmet food. On a college budget, of course.

Now. The time has come. You must choose whether to click the X in the corner of your screen in a flourish of boredom and disdain, or (hopefully) think to yourself, "My. She seems charming. And perhaps the recipes she posts will be more delicious than disastrous. I believe I'll visit again." Like I said, it's up to you.

Love,

The Absentminded Chef

No comments: